Curls Galore

Curls Galore
KCCC Half hawk

Monday, July 5, 2010

The causes of my habit...(to help you control yours)

Here is a (growing) list of my favorite products. Many of them do the same things, but they may just have a different scent, price point or drying times so I will try my best to describe these varying details to you in my descriptions of why these products are my MUST HAVES.


1. *NEW ADDITION TO LIST AND THE BEST!!*
VIA Naturals Green Tea Infused clear styling gel-
I just discovered this delicious little diamond in the rough two weeks ago but it has quickly become a favorite. The Gel costs around $4 for a huge "almost salon" sized container. This Gel has no scent. I shingle my hair with VIA ( shingling is when you part your hair from the back and apply product from root to ends of hair making sure all hair has product applied evenly)

2. Miss. Jessie's Rapid Recovery Treatment

This is a once weekly deep conditioning treatment. The consistancy is like a very thick cream. This product is kind of costly, a 16oz jar of RRT costs about $58. But you only use it once a week so it lasts a while. I love how soft it makes my hair and how well it detangles my hair. It has hard to describe scent...its kind of purfumy...but I dont think its unpleasant or overpowering.


3. Shea Moisture Conditioning Hair Milk

This is a pretty new addition to my addiction. I believe it is only sold at TARGET now. It was only $9.99, which i was very unused to. It is coconut and hibiscus scented. The scent is very strong, but pleasantly so. This scent is one of the best of all my fixes. The cosistancy of the hair milk is very similar to a thin conditioner like Suave. This product is for moisture and iy kept my hair moisturized and baby soft all day, with no greasy residue. I mostly use this product after I have shingled my hair with clear gel to eliminate the crunch.


4. Pantene PRO-V Relaxed and Natural, for women of color Intense Moisturizing Conditioner

This is a regular ole' conditioner. It cost about $3.50-4.50 depending on the size. I got a 12 oz bottle for $3.17 at TARGET. This conditioner works great for me. My hair stays moisturized most of the day. I will stress though, that what works great for me may be kinda blah for you... so when you run across a product this inexpensive...it doesn't really hurt to try it.

5. Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Now I will say that this baby is a staple in my product collection...but, I have had a love/ hate relationship with this natural styling gel. When I first purchased this product from Urbanbella (a natural salon and hair apothecary located in the Buckhead area of Atlanta,Ga.)I was sooooo ready to rip it open and try it out. I applied the product to my hair in half-hearted clumps. The results were NOT very appealing...The second time I attempted to try the product I learned I had to shingle my hair (part hair in smal section and apply product from root to ends) Well...I used to much I took all day to air dry...I felt like a wet mop all day!! But in the midst of all the trial and error I found a happy medium. And I quickly fell in love with KCCC...and I recommend it to anybody looking for a good product to help define those curls and eliminate the frizz. This product can be found at Whole Foods all over and In Atlanta it is located at Urbanbella in two sizes a $30 16oz jar and a $17 for 8oz...It is kind of pricey BUT it lasts a long time. I have been using the same container for over a year now mostly daily up until the past couple of months. I also heard that KCCC is following in Miss Jessie's footsteps and hitting the shelves of the ever popular TARGET or "TAR-Jay"!!!

Ingredients:water, horsetail,chamomile, nettle and marshmellow,organic aloe vera juice, agave nectar extract, vitamin e, pectin, citric acid, potassium sorbate,natural fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment